The Roman Empire may have fallen, but its influences still remain: the Colosseum, the Forum, and most importantly, this slot game. Transport yourself into the world of the mighty Roman Empire – a world full of grandeur, great suits of armour, and Julius Caesar.
This five-reel slot game is set on a backdrop of Roman architecture, with symbols such as a Grecian lady, legionnaires, centurions, Roman numerals, and of course, Caesar himself.
About the developer
Leander Games are an independent gaming company that have been around since 2002, delivering high-quality animation that sets them a foot above some other gaming providers. Their games can tell a story, and they often do – leading their users into a full-immersive experience, instead of your standard online game. If you appreciate games based on familiar characters like Caesar, then give Apollo and Scrooge’s Jackpot a go.
About the game
A five-reel game with twenty fixed paylines, Ave Caesar is packed with bonus features, to get you more winning combos. The highest value symbol is the games logo, followed by the legionnaire, the centurion and the lady.
Wild symbol – Caesar is the wild and can substitute himself for any other symbol on the reels, except the scatter symbol.
Scatter symbol – this is the symbol with SPQR written on it, standing for Senatus Populus Que Romanus. By landing three of these on reels one, three and five, you’ll trigger one of four bonus rounds.
- Caesar’s Conquests: not quite following the modern-day world PC rules, this round sees Caesar looking for a girl to spend his night with. Caesar will keep picking girls from tents until eventually he picks a tent that doesn’t have a girl in it. He will give the girls cash for company (but really, you’ll be getting the cash).
- The Roman Empire: take yourself to war, briefly, by picking territories to conquer until all of your soldiers are dead.
- Glory of Rome: this is the free spins round, and also awards you with sticky wilds, which can stay sticky for up to three spins.
- Druid: another free spins round, which offers multipliers, sticky wilds, wild reels, and numerals I and II are wilds. Look out for a potion on reel 5 as this can give you free spins, prizes, wilds and multipliers.
You can gamble your bonus round with another shot at the features – this shot is literal, and you’ll use a bow and arrow to try to shoot for another feature.
You can be awarded any of these four modifiers randomly at any point of the game:
- Hannibal’s Heroes: elephant stampede, creating wild reels
- The Gaul: includes multipliers and matching symbols being swapped for winning combos
- Ave Caesar: can win one of the bonus rounds, a big win, or a five-of-a-kind win
- Centurion Maximus: 2x2 or 3x3 symbols appear on the reels
A lot of bonus features, which keeps the game interesting. It’s also full of high-quality animations and graphics, making this an enjoyable game to play. Definitely not just a standard slot game.
Game rules can be found within game.